Skip to content

Transferring Credits to EWU


If you are not a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the United States, use these pages to help you apply for admission to EWU.

Top Navigation

Main Navigation

  • EWU Home
  • Undergraduate Admissions
  • International
  • Transferring Credits to EWU
  • Main Content

    Transfer Credits for Coursework Completed in the United States

    Transfer credit is generally awarded for work completed at accredited two-year and and four-year colleges in the United States. Up to 90 quarter hours of transfer credit may be applied toward your bachelor's degree at Eastern.

    Students who confim their intent to study at EWU after being admitted will have their transfer credits evaluated before students who have not yet confirmed.

    Transfer Credits for Coursework Completed outside the United States

    Your transcripts from universities and colleges outside the United States must be reviewed by a credential evaluation service. You are responsible for making sure all required documents are sent to the evaluation service.

    Do not send transcripts for coursework completed outside the United States to Eastern Washington University for evaluation. EWU cannot review your international transcripts for transfer credit. Sending international transcripts to EWU for review may delay the processing of your application.

    Choosing a Credential Evaluation Service for International Credit Evaluation

    EWU accepts evaluations from any credential evaluation service that is a member of NACES, the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. You can select an evaluation services from a list of NACES members.

    Submitting transcripts, applications and funds to a paid evaluation service is the responsibility of the student.

    Send official course descriptions in English with your evaluation.

    Do not send transcripts to EWU for transfer credit evaluation. Documents sent to EWU will not be returned.

    Sending International Credit Evaluation Results to Eastern Washington University

    Follow the instructions of the credential evaluation service you choose. Send required documents directly to the evaluation service. Request that your evaluation results be sent directly to EWU.

    Contact Information

    Undergraduate Admissions
    304 Sutton Hall
    Cheney, WA 99004

    phone: 509.359.2397

    Footer Navigation

    Text Only Options

    View the desktop version of this page.