Skip to content

Form I-20 Information


If you are not a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the United States, use these pages to help you apply for admission to EWU.

Top Navigation

Main Navigation

  • EWU Home
  • Undergraduate Admissions
  • International
  • I-20 and Visa Help
  • Form I-20 Information
  • Main Content

    You need a Form I-20 to apply for a visa to enter the United States as an international student. You must be admitted before EWU will mail your Form I-20.

    How can I get a Form I-20 for my studies in the United States?

    1. Complete an international admissions application and fee
    2. Submit all required documents.

    Eastern will issue you an I-20 once your admissions application is complete and approved.

    Why do I need an I-20?

    When you receive your I-20 from EWU, you will be able to apply for your visa following the rules established by the U.S. Consulate Office in your country. Be sure to apply early! It can take 60-90 days to apply for and receive a visa.

    EWU does not decide if you receive a visa. Only the United States consular officer who interviews you during the visa application process can decide if you receive a visa. This means that even if you are accepted to EWU and have received your I-20, the Consular Officers must still decide if you receive a visa.

    Carry your I-20 with you at all times when you are living or traveling in the United States.

    I already have my Form I-20. What's next?

    You can start preparing for your visa interview.

    Contact Information

    Undergraduate Admissions
    304 Sutton Hall
    Cheney, WA 99004

    phone: 509.359.2397

    Footer Navigation

    Text Only Options

    View the desktop version of this page.