Skip to content

Non-Traditional Students


Are you married, a single parent or older than 25? Take advantage of resources and tools designed especially for adult and non-traditional students.

Top Navigation

Main Navigation

  • EWU Home
  • Undergraduate Admissions
  • Life at EWU
  • Non-Traditional Students
  • Main Content

    Are you a veteran, older than twenty-five, a single parent, married, working full time, living with a disability, coming back for a second degree, or coming to college after earning a GED? Then you're probably a nontraditional student. 

    How to Apply as a Non-traditional Student

    If you've never attended a college or university before, you can apply as a freshman. The application process has been simplified if you are over 25.

    If you have college or university credits or have already earned your first bachelor's degree, you can apply as a transfer student.

    If you were at EWU before but didn't graduate, you can apply as a returning student.

    If you're interested in a master's degree, you can visit the Graduate Studies Office to learn about graduate programs.

    I'm a military veteran or active duty. What resources do you have for me?

    You can take advantage of the biggest Veterans Resource Center in the Pacific Northwest. You'll still apply as a regular student, but the VRC can help you with G.I. benefits, special services and scholarships, and getting connected to the large and active veteran community on campus.

    I have a disability. Who should I contact for support?

    Disability Support Services can help you with all of your needs. EWU has one of the most active disability support services in the state.

    Contact Information

    Undergraduate Admissions
    304 Sutton Hall
    Cheney, WA 99004

    phone: 509.359.2397

    Footer Navigation

    Text Only Options

    View the desktop version of this page.