Skip to content

Study Abroad


Watch some videos. Look at some photos. Click some links. In fact, click all of the links. We're in no danger of running out of links.

Top Navigation

Main Navigation

  • EWU Home
  • Undergraduate Admissions
  • Life at EWU
  • EWU Student Life
  • Study Abroad
  • Main Content

    The study abroad program at EWU is one of the fastest growing programs on campus. In fact, future students make more requests for study abroad information than for information about any other campus program, and the international living learning community is one of the biggest groups on campus.

    Where can I travel and study?

    Almost anywhere on the planet. The most popular destinations for EWU students are Costa Rica, Germany, Japan, Spain and the United Kingdom. Additional locations include Argentina, Australia, Austria, Botswana, Bulgaria, China, Czech Republic, Ecuador, France, Ghana, Hungary, India, Italy, Jordan, Morocco, New Zealand, Peru, Rwanda and South Africa.

    EWU's Office of Global Initiatives can help you at every stage, whether that's researching your options, choosing classes or returning to life in the United States.

    Why should I study abroad?

    Can I use my financial aid to study abroad?

    You can use grants and student loans to cover your costs, and if you're a Pell Grant recipient, you can apply for the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship, which offers between $4,000 and $5,000 to help offset study abroad costs.

    When can I study abroad? 

    You need to be a sophomore, possess a cumulative 2.5 minimum GPA and be at least 18. If you're a transfer student, you need to complete at least one quarter at EWU before studying abroad.

    It's a good idea to start preparing for your study abroad trip six months ahead of time, and if you are hoping for scholarships, you should start planning a full year in advance.

    How long can I study abroad?

    You can study abroad for a few weeks, a single quarter, the entire summer, half a year or even a full year, although colleges and universities in other parts of the world have different academic calendars, so classes at foreign universities may start earlier or later than EWU's classes.

    I really want to study abroad. Who should I contact?

    Check out the Office of Global Initiatives website and contact the study abroad adviser.

    Contact Information

    Undergraduate Admissions
    304 Sutton Hall
    Cheney, WA 99004

    phone: 509.359.2397

    Footer Navigation

    Text Only Options

    View the desktop version of this page.