Skip to content

Cross Boundaries: Study Abroad


Eastern Washington University is a vibrant community with engaged faculty and staff, and active student clubs and organizations.

Top Navigation

Main Navigation

  • EWU Home
  • About EWU
  • Spotlight on Eastern
  • Main Content

    Why Should I Study Abroad?

    Will I receive credit for studying abroad?

    Yes, all coursework completed abroad must be approved prior to starting your program. Most students receive elective credits for their study abroad; however, you may also use credits completed abroad to fullfill major or minor degree requirements, university graduation requirements and, in some cases, GECRs.

    Can I use financial aid to study abroad?

    Yes. Tuition, room and board, books, fees, travel, and some personal expenses can be calculated into your financial package. Apply early for priority funding.

    Financial aid can also be used to support summer study in some cases.

    Do I need to speak a foreign language?

    Not necessarily. There are several options available to meet your language needs. However, if you are applying to one of the formal exchange programs, you might need to be proficient or nearly proficient in the native language of the specific program.

    Contact Information

    EWU Marketing & Communications
    102 Hargreaves Hall
    Cheney, WA 99004

    phone: 509.359.6336
    fax: 509.359.4701

    Footer Navigation

    Text Only Options

    View the desktop version of this page.