Some programs have special application deadlines or additional application forms.
If you're applying to one of these programs, first apply to EWU via the EWU Office of Admissions. Then submit all the materials required for admission to EWU. As your last step, apply for admission to your program.
This is not a full list of requirements for admission to any particular program or major. Nearly all programs at EWU have GPA and course requirements. Not all programs that have special applications may be listed. Program requirements are subject to change. Please review your program's webpage to find out what additional, official requirements you have to meet.
Art and Visual Communication Design
Both the B.F.A. in studio art and the B.F.A. in Visual Communications Design have special applications.
The application deadline for athletic training is the last day of EWU's winter quarter.
Applications for the business program must be submitted by the 10th day of the quarter.
The communication disorders program starts in mid-August and ends in early May because it runs on a semester schedule instead of a quarter schedule.
- Contact the computer science department's academic advisers for more information.
- Contact the criminal justice department's academic advisers for more information.
The program is highly competitive. Only 36 students are admitted each year.
- Complete the special application by February 15.
- Contact dental hygiene department's academic advisers.
- Meet GPA and course requirements.
- Complete special practicum, volunteer or observation requirements.
- Successfully complete the interview and testing processes.
You can review all admissions requirements for the education program at the education program website. Admission is offered each quarter, but you must meet the education program deadline for that quarter.
- Meet admissions requirements (including GPA and prerequisites) before the start of Education 200, a required course for education majors. It's also a prerequisite to many education courses.
- Meet with an education academic adviser before the start of Education 200.
- Complete the special application by the quarterly deadline. The form is available from the education academic adviser.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Complete an in-person interview.
- To start in the spring, be sure to complete the special application by early July, approximately nine months before the program begins.
- To start in the fall, be sure to complete the special application by mid-December, approximately nine months before the program begins.
The program starts in the summer, not in the fall.
- Complete the special application by August 1.
- Submit a personal statement.
- Submit at least two letters of reference.