Skip to content

Official Financial Statements Requirement


If you are not a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the United States, use these pages to help you apply for admission to EWU.

Top Navigation

Main Navigation

  • EWU Home
  • Undergraduate Admissions
  • International
  • How to Apply
  • Official Financial Statements Requirement
  • Main Content

    You need to provide proof of financial ability to pay for studies and living expenses while at Eastern Washington University. These are called Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) Requirements. These requirements are higher than Eastern's official tuition and housing rates.

    For the 2016-2017 academic year, international students attending EWU must prove financial ability to meet the following requirements.

    Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) Requirements for 2016-2017
    Educational Cost Components English Language Institute,
    Main Campus
    Main Campus
    Tuition US $11,400 US $22,522
    Average Course Fees US $150
    Computer/Information Technology Fee US $105
    Comprehensive Health & Wellness Fee US $286
    International Student Continuing Enrollment Fee US $300 US $750
    Mandatory Health Insurance US $1,856 US $1,856
    Transportation Fee US $60
    Student Recreation Center Fee US $195
    PUB Renovation Fee US $195
    Books and Supplies (estimated)> US $900
    Total Educational Costs US $13,556 US $26,999
    Living Cost Components English Language Institute,
    Main Campus
    Main Campus
    Room and Board US $10,945 US $10,945
    Personal Expenses US $2,055 US $2,055
    Total Livings Costs US $13,000 US $13,000
    Total Cost of Attendance US $26,556 US $39,999
    Additional Expenses per Dependent 30% of Living Expenses

    Mail Your Materials to This Address

    Undergraduate Admissions Processing
    304 Sutton Hall
    Cheney, WA 99004

    Requirements for Official Financial Statements

    Documents you should not send as proof of financial ability

    These documents will not be accepted as official.

    Sponsorship and Financial Statements

    If you are being sponsored by someone other than a parent, your sponsor must submit a signed letter that clearly indicates you are being sponsored. Your sponsor must also submit official financial documents.

    Contact Information

    Undergraduate Admissions
    304 Sutton Hall
    Cheney, WA 99004

    phone: 509.359.2397

    Footer Navigation

    Text Only Options

    View the desktop version of this page.