A. EBSCO Databases (including Academic Search Complete, Business Source, CINAHL, Health Source, etc.):
While looking at the article citation, locate and copy the Persistent link to the citation. (Note that this link already contains the EZProxy URL.) Copy this link and paste it into your Canvas course -- be sure to test it to make sure it works.
B. Other Full Text Databases:
1. Open Word and paste this partial URL onto a blank page: http://ezproxy.library.ewu.edu:2048/login?url=
This preface to the URL will link the user to EZProxy, allowing on- or off-campus access.
2. Open a Web browser and locate the citation of the article to which you will link.
Note: the URL to the article citation is usually shorter than the URL to the article itself, and there will be a link to the article.
3. Locate and copy the persistent/stable/direct/jumpstart link (the exact term may vary). The persistent link is often found in the article citation, although sometimes you will need to use the article URL.
Example of what the link may look like:
4. Paste the link into your Word page after http://ezproxy.library.ewu.edu/login?url=
Remove any extra coding or spaces. Copy the entire URL and paste it into a Web browser to test it.
The finished URL will look something like this:
5. Test the URL.
If you are doing this from on-campus, you should be taken directly to the citation, which will contain a link to the article. If you are off-campus, you will be prompted to enter your EWU network login (username and most current password), then you will be taken to your article citation.
6. You're now ready to paste your complete URL into your Canvas course!
Please contact your liaison librarian if you need help with creating persistent links.
View the original version of this page.