Skip to content
AbstractOur mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry.
About EWU Libraries
Built in 1999 at a cost of $22 million, the current John F. Kennedy Library is an expansion and remodel of an earlier library building which was constructed on the site in 1968. ALSC was the architectural firm responsible for the expansion project, and Shea Construction was the general contractor.
The library has:
- 153,000 square feet
- 1,270 seats
- 21 miles of shelving
- 750,000 titles (excluding electronic)
- 1,113,167 items (excluding electronic)
- 903 current periodical titles (paper)
- 43 current periodical titles (microform)
- 7,840 active electronic journals
- 5,927 inactive electronic journals
- 3,100 E-books
- 1,686 GPO online serials
- 19,386 GPO online monographs
- 100 public computer stations
- 200 laptops for check-out
- 37 full-time staff
- Annual budget of $4 million
816 F Street
Cheney, WA 99004
View the original version of this page.