Skip to content
Our mission is to stimulate and support intellectual inquiry.
About EWU Libraries
Built in 1999 at a cost of $22 million, the current John F. Kennedy Library is an expansion and remodel of an earlier library building which was constructed on the site in 1968. ALSC was the architectural firm responsible for the expansion project, and Shea Construction was the general contractor.
The library has:
- 153,000 square feet
- 1,275 seats
- 21 group study rooms [12 regular-size, 9 small-size]
- 957,650 physical items on the bookshelves
- 430 current paper periodical titles
- 185 electronic databases
- 120,800 e-books
- 16,600 videos/DVDs
- 358,300 Government Printing Office materials
- 179 public computer stations
- 200 laptops for check-out
- 42.17 full-time equivalent employees (including students)
- Annual budget of $4.5 million
816 F Street
Cheney, WA 99004
View the desktop version of this page.