Business and Finance Divisional Plan
Providing stewardship of the university's human, financial, and physical resources
In the coming years, the division will focus on:
- Supporting student success through a safe, healthy and supportive environment.
- Driving customer value through the delivery of exceptional service.
- Supporting EWU as an institution of innovation through operational excellence.
- Increasing the diversity of the Business and Finance Division workforce by attracting and retaining highly qualified and diverse staff members.
- Improving sustainability universitywide through the adoption of best practices.
- Enhancing EWU's visibility through increased awareness of Business and Finance's activities and achievements.
Key actions to support this vision include:
- Increasing campus safety with targeted community outreach and new technologies.
- Building a diverse workforce through EWU community job fairs and diversity sensitivity training.
- Improving facility management, campus recycling and energy conservation programs.
- Adopting best practices in finance, reporting and human resource management.
- Increasing efficiencies through implementation of paperless financial processes and electronic personnel files.
- Improving residential experience with enhanced food quality, selection and variety.
- Developing comprehensive operational plans in all units.