Alert: Classes Cancelled 1/18 - Both Cheney/EWU Spokane Campuses due to weather conditions. This message is for EWU.more
Academic Affairs Divisional Plan
Delivering academic, advising, international and support services to promote student success
In the coming years, the division will focus on:
- Providing an exemplary academic experience for all students including those who are first generation and low income.
- Improving retention and persistence rates.
- Improving graduation rates.
- Providing innovative academic programs that will serve the state of Washington and the Eastern Washington region.
- Providing students with innovative learning environments including online instruction.
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the University Learning Commons.
- Providing students with space and opportunities to collaborate with faculty and apply learning in the field through activities like the student research symposiums, NCUR, and thorugh service learning needs.
- Examining and redesigning curriculum, when needed, to meet student needs.
Key actions to support this vision include:
- Improving academic advising through consolidation and training.
- Expanding international recruitment, housing and study abroad programs.
- Continuing the development of Learning Commons.
- Expanding the Summer Bridge Program.
- Improving the success rate in developmental math.
- Expanding eLearning, continuing education and dual-enrollment programs.
- Launching the Sustainability Center and the Institute for Community Engagement.