Academic Affairs Divisional Plan
Delivering academic, advising, international and support services to promote student success
In the coming years, the division will focus on:
- Providing an exemplary academic experience for all students including those who are first generation and low income.
- Improving retention and persistence rates.
- Improving graduation rates.
- Providing innovative academic programs that will serve the state of Washington and the Eastern Washington region.
- Providing students with innovative learning environments including online instruction.
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the University Learning Commons.
- Providing students with space and opportunities to collaborate with faculty and apply learning in the field through activities like the student research symposiums, NCUR, and thorugh service learning needs.
- Examining and redesigning curriculum, when needed, to meet student needs.
Key actions to support this vision include:
- Improving academic advising through consolidation and training.
- Expanding international recruitment, housing and study abroad programs.
- Continuing the development of Learning Commons.
- Expanding the Summer Bridge Program.
- Improving the success rate in developmental math.
- Expanding eLearning, continuing education and dual-enrollment programs.
- Launching the Sustainability Center and the Institute for Community Engagement.