OFFICE OF INTRAMURAL SPORTS
6 x 6 Volleyball Rules
- The Intramural program will supply all necessary equipment & official(s).
- Players may play in non-marking tennis shoes.
GAMES, PLAYERS, AND COURT
- Games are won by the first team to earn 25 or more points in each of the three games, rally-style scoring. It is not necessary to win by two points. A “SET” will consist of a best of three series.
- Net serves are playable.
- Only team captains may confer with the official(s).
- If a team is not ready to play at the scheduled game time, the first game will be forfeited. The second game and match will be forfeited after 15 minutes.
- Rotation: Teams must follow the same service order throughout the match.
- Each team will consist of 6 players with a minimum of two female players.
- A team may be allowed to play with four or five players, as long as two are female. The League Director has the authority to allow a team to play with only one female player in order to avoid a forfeit.
- A team can choose to play with more than the two requisite female participants, as long as they have at least four players available.
- If the ball hits any part of the suspended basket apparatus, including the cables, the point will be replayed.
- If the ball hits the side or end walls, including the backboards attached to the walls, it will result in a point or a side-out situation, whichever call is appropriate for the situation.