We hope that the information you find on this site will encourage you and provide the necessary information to answer most of your questions. We are excited to have you on our site and hope that you will contact us with any questions. Together we can start something BIG!
What are the degree options?
Eastern provides two methods for students seeking entry into the profession of occupational therapy:
- Combined Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Interdisciplinary Studies, Bachelor of Science (BS) in Exercise Science or Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Therapeutic Recreation with the Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) degree programs available at EWU.
- A completed bachelors degree in any discipline ready to pursue graduate studies immediately.
What can I do with my degree?
Occupational Therapy (OT) is a health and rehabilitation profession that helps people of all ages to participate more fully in their day-to-day lives. Occupational therapists assist persons who are experiencing a physical, cognitive or emotional impairment.
Tasks that OT's might do include:
- Adapt home, work, school and play environments
- Teach adapted techniques for greater independence in self care, home care and work performance
- Consult with businesses on proper ergonomic procedures to prevent worker injuries
- Provide assistive technology, including the use of animals, for increased independence at home, work or school
- Help people gain greater self-esteem and confidence through activities
- Develop and run a private therapy business
- Teach and conduct research at a college or university
- Provide neuro-rehabilitation for return to productive lives