The goal of the Eastern Washington University Robert Noyce Scholarship program is to increase the number and quality of science and mathematics teachers by encouraging majors in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines to become teachers. Six paid, six-week internships are available to EWU freshman and sophomores each summer.
1. Complete Robert Noyce Summer Internship application.
2. Submit the following to Dr Keith Adolphson, Project Director, Kingston 216:
3. For finalists, successfully complete an interview with project staff. You will be contacted to schedule this appointment.Timeline
Application review begins in April and will be on-going until all positions are filled. Finalist interviews commence in mid-to-late April with notification to selected recipients in May. Those not selected will receive notice in late May.
1. Academic merit
2. References (1 academic, 1 professional/work-related)
3. Consideration for financial need
4. Consideration for diversity
5. Interest and experiences that support teaching
6. Interest and experiences that support working with underserved and underrepresented populations
View the original version of this page.