Phi Alpha Theta is a national history club that has 350,000 members, with about 9,500 new members joining each year through 860 local chapters across the United States and Canada. We seek to bring students and teachers together for intellectual and social exchanges. If you like to hang out with people who share your enthusiasm for old stuff - whether it's ancient Egypt, colonial architecture, or Cold War Politics - then consider joining. Phi Alpha Theta is a nationally recognized honor society and once you join, you are a member for life. Being a member of this organization looks great on your resume and will be well regarded by potential employers. Members also have the opportunity to network with the professional historical community by going to regional conferences and learn about resources for professionals and history buffs in the Spokane area.
Here are some of the things we do in Phi Alpha Theta at Eastern:
Guest Speakers and workshops on a wide variety of historical specialties
Judge Middle School and High School papers at National History Day
Celebrate great historical events like Cinco de Mayo
Field Trips to historical locales
Film screenings, Fund raising shenanigans, and Trivia contests
- Must have at least 12 quarter credits in history (or 3 courses)
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.1 in history and a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA.
- Must have at least 12 quarter credits toward their Master's Degree.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better.
*There is a $40.00 fee per student payable at the time of initiation.
*Membership in Phi Alpha Theta is a lifetime membership
* The annual Phi Alpha Theta regional conference allows students to present original research and meet other historians from around the Northwest. If you are interested in attending, the deadline for abstracts is in early February. You must be a registered member of the national Phi Alpha Theta organization to take part. For more information please visit phialphatheta.org.
Fall 2014: TBA
For more information, visit our Facebook page or the history department announcement board outside of Patterson Hall 103
Current Officers for the Omega Psi Chapter, 2014-2015:
President: Logan Camporeale
Vice President: Benjamin Gaynor
Secretary: Renee Riller
Historian: Kelsey Lavelle
Phone: (509) 359-2337
Professor Ann Le Bar
103-O Patterson Hall
Phone: (800) 394-8195 or (813) 974-8215
View the original version of this page.