Skip to content

Bachelor of Arts in Communication Disorders


Our undergraduate program is located on the Riverpoint Campus in Spokane, WA. The undergraduate Communication Disorders program is designed to begin in the junior year following completion of the university's general education requirements. Upon earning the bachelor's degree, most students would then apply for graduate study.

Top Navigation

Main Navigation

  • EWU Home
  • College of Health Science and Public Health
  • Programs of Study
  • Communication Disorders
  • Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
  • Bachelor of Arts in Communication Disorders
  • Main Content

    The undergraduate Communication Disorders program is designed to begin the junior year following completion of the university's general education requirements (GECRs), the university's graduation requirements and a few prerequisite courses (see below). Upon earning the bachelor's degree, most students would then apply for a graduate study.

    Department Application
    Apply to Eastern Washington University and confirm acceptance to the university
    Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75

    Application Deadline is June 5, 2015

    Click here to link to the department application form. Click here if you would like to view the undergraduate checklist we use to monitor your acceptance into the program.  

    If you are currently an Eastern student you should evaluate your progress towards the requirements for this major using Student Online Academic Review (SOAR). SOAR is an automated record reflecting academic progress toward degree completion.  By considering completed coursework, your current EWU enrolled courses, and transfer coursework, SOAR provides timely information on your progress toward degree completion.

    Questions can be directed initially to the program office, who will route the student to an appropriate program advisor.

    The undergraduate program is on the semester schedule. This means the program typically begins the third week of August and ends early May (May 8, 2015). Students need to enter the program with their general education core requirements (GECRs) completed including the university graduation requirement of an International Studies course. Required courses for the profession are guided by the knowledge and skills outcomes of the certification standards for the CCC-SLP as set forth by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) see  


    What will I study?

    Junior and Senior academic course schedule

    General Education Core Requirements (GECRs) MUST be satisfied prior to entering the program in the Fall semester of the junior year. Consult the general undergraduate catalog or consult with an undergraduate advisor. Even when transfering to Eastern with a direct transfer degree, the student needs to be aware that the university (Eastern) requires International Studies and Culture Gender Diversity courses to be completed for graduation with a Bachelors degree. 

    In addition to GECRs there are supporting courses required for the Communication Disorders major: 
    Course work in math must include a statistics course. In addition, COMD requires coursework in interpersonal communication.  

    The supporting courses can be fulfilled at Eastern or at other colleges or universities but MUST be complete before entering the program. Once a student has entered the semester based program only semester based classes can be transferred to Eastern. 

    *Required COMD course schedule
    Because of the rigor required in our course work, we require students applying to the program and/or declaring Communication Disorders as their major, to have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75. This minimum is also necessary to remain in the program. A 2.75 is also required by the COMD department for graduation. 

    * The undergraduate courses are sequenced. Therefore, it is best to enter the program in the Fall of an academic year.

    Emphases / Concentrations:

    What could I do with my degree?

    Contact Information

    Program Coordinator
    310 N. Riverpoint Blvd, Box B
    Spokane, WA 99202

    phone: 509.828.1376
    fax: 509.828.1386

    Footer Navigation

    Text Only Options

    View the original version of this page.