Eastern Washington University
The MPA/MBA Dual Degree: Frequently Asked Questions
(Dec. 19, 2012)
1. How do I apply for the MPA/MBA Dual Degree Programs?
In order to be admitted to the MPA/MBA Dual Degree Program you will have to apply to each program separately.
For more information go to the following:
2. If I am already enrolled in one of the graduate programs (MPA or MBA) can I still enroll in the other program?
Yes, as long as you are still enrolled (have not yet graduated) in one of the programs you can still apply for the other and do the dual degree program.
3. How long does it take to complete the MPA/MBA Dual Degree Program?
If you are a full time student it may take you approximately two years to complete the required courses for this dual degree program. [82 credits (required MPA courses 40 credits + required MBA courses 42 credits = 82 credits) / 10+ credits per quarter = 8 quarters]
If you are a part time student the 82 required credits can be completed in approximately 12 quarters.
4. Are core courses offered during the summer for the MPA or MBA programs?
Yes, both programs normally offer core courses during the summer.
5. Can I graduate from one program, and finish the other one later?
Yes, but please see either director for specifics.
6. How long can I take to finish the dual degree program?
A student has six years in which to complete the dual degree program. For example, if a student graduates with an MBA degree in two years they still have four years to complete the MPA program under the dual degree requirements.
If a student in a part time MBA program finishes in three years, they still have three years to complete the MPA program.
View the original version of this page.