Marketing deals with market research, product planning, pricing decisions, advertising, sales promotion and sales management. Marketing professionals occupy strategic territory between a firm and its external environment. The marketing program opens dynamic career possibilities in a broad spectrum of industries and services.
Students who complete a major in Marketing will:
- be able to analyze the impact of marketing environments on marketing strategy and performance;
- be able to explain and apply consumer behavior principles and their implications for marketing strategy and practice;
- be able to collect, analyze, interpret and report market data;
- be able to apply marketing principles to segment consumer groups and develop appropriate positioning strategies;
- be able to explain and apply the principles of managing the marketing mix as they relate to marketing planning and integrate these into a marketing plan.
Our business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
What are the degree options?
The Department of Management offers a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, with a major in Marketing.
What can I do with my degree?
The Marketing curriculum prepares students for a wide variety of occupational possibilities. Marketers are involved with such activities as product planning, pricing decisions, advertising, sales management and marketing research. Marketing practitioners act as the connecting link between the firm and its external environment; they assist management in adapting the firm to an ever-changing society.