Skip to content
Kevin S. Decker
College of arts letters and education, CALE, Home
Programs of Study
Faculty and Staff
Kevin S. Decker
Professor of Philosophy & Associate Dean of the College of Arts, Letters and Education
Patterson Hall 229C
Areas of Specialization:
Social and Political Theory, Ethics, American Pragmatism, Philosophy and Popular Culture, German Idealism.
Areas of Competence: Forthcoming and Recent Publications:
Applied Ethics, History of Philosophy (Modern and Contemporary), Phenomenology, Critical Theory, Philosophy of Religion, Philosophies of the Natural and Social Sciences
- The Ultimate South Park and Philosophy, co-editor with Robert Arp (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Ender's Game and Philosophy, editor (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Who is Who? The Philosophy of Doctor Who (I.B. Tauris Publishers)
- "Thank God It's Stephen Colbert!" in Jason Holt, ed., The Ultimate Daily Show and Philosophy (Wiley-Blackwell)
- "There are No Universal Principles That Should Guide Medical Practice and Research," and "Response to Pullman," in Robert Arp, ed., Contemporary Debates in Philosophy: Bioethics (Wiley-Blackwelll).
- "There's Always a Bigger Fish: Tyranny, Power and the Rule of the Ruthless," in Nancy Reagin and Janice Liedl, eds., Star Wars and History (Wiley-Blackwell).
- "What Does Your Tattoo Say About You?" Inked Magazine (May 2012 issue)
- "Perspectives and Ideologies: A Pragmatic Use for Recognition Theory," Philosophy and Social Criticism 38:2 (February 2012).
- "Clarence Irving Lewis," and "Charles Sanders Peirce," entries in Key Terms in Logic (Continuum).
- "The Ethics of the Last of the Time Lords," in Doctor Who and Philosophy, eds. Paula Smithka and Court Lewis (Open Court)
229 Patterson Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
View the original version of this page.