The Financial Aid and Scholarship Office helps you obtain funding for your higher education. Financial aid includes scholarships, grants, tuition waivers, work study and loans.
With the exception of work-study, financial aid is normally disbursed in even quarterly or semester installments and applied first to your Eastern charges (tuition, fees, and on-campus room and board). Any remaining balance is delivered to you by mail or to your bank account via direct deposit.
Your aid is available the first day of each term if all of the following conditions are met at least one week prior to the beginning of the term:
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student (10 credits for master's/doctoral candidates and 12 credits for all others) unless you have prior approval to receive aid as a part-time student. Wait-listed classes DO NOT count toward your total enrolled credits.
- All required forms must be submitted to our office and you have accepted your award(s) as outlined on the award acceptance page.
- You must meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements outlined on our Financial Aid Policies page.
- All holds must be cleared.
- For EWU scholarships, you must return the Scholarship Acceptance form and a "thank you" letter for the donor before funds will be disbursed.
- For private scholarships, your donor must send the funds to EWU before the funds can be disbursed to you.
Work-Study Earnings Disbursement
- Work-study funds are paid as earned. Paydays are on the 10th and 25th of each month. Your earnings are sent by check to your mailing address on EagleNET or deposited directly to your bank account.
- First-time borrowers under the Federal Perkins Loan program must submit a Loan Information/Rights and Responsibility sheet and sign a promissory note in the Student Financial Services office (Sutton Hall 2nd floor).
- For the Federal Direct and PLUS Loans, a Master Promissory Note (MPN) must be completed before money can be disbursed to you. For the Federal Direct Loan, you must complete a Loan Counseling Session if you are a first-time borrower.
- The Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) will be disbursed according to the option selected by your parents on the Parent Loan Request (PLR) form.
- For alternative loans, the lender must send the funds to EWU before money can be disbursed to you.