- You must be formally admitted to Eastern.
- You must be a United States citizen or be in the U.S. on a permanent visa status.
- You must be seeking a degree or certification in an eligible program.
- You must not be in default on any federal education loan, and you must not owe a refund due to overpayment of a previous federal grant or loan at any college or university.
- You must be registered with the Selective Service if required by law.
- You must have a valid Social Security Number.
- You must be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Financial Aid Eligibility for Certificate Programs
Beginning July 1, 2011, students taking a certificate program as a stand-alone are no longer eligible for federal aid. However, state, institutional, and private aid is still available. This restriction does not apply to students who are taking certificate programs as a part of larger degree programs or to teacher certification students.