If you are a current EWU student or if you have recently been admitted and have confirmed your intent to enroll at EWU, please visit the General Undergraduate Academic Advising homepage for important information about academic advising; registration; declaring your major; using the SOAR degree audit system; connecting with academic and campus resources; academic probation, dismissal and reinstatement and much more!
What is an Academic Advisor?
Your academic advisor is your resource for all things academic at EWU. Your advisor will help you with navigating registration, choosing a major, planning classes toward graduation and many other things.
Advisors can often-times also answer questions about financial, health and housing concerns, or direct you to the department that can best answer your question. You will work with your academic advisor typically your first two years at EWU. Students transition to a major advisor upon official declaring a major- usually once they've reached 90 credits, or Junior standing. Academic Advisors are located in many offices across campus, though most students meet with an advisor in General Academic Advising.
How Can My Academic Advisor Help Me?
Your academic advisor will assist you with:
- understanding the general education and graduation requirements
- understanding your Mathematics and English placement
- choosing a major/career field
- selecting classes relevant towards EWU requirements and elective choices
- planning classes towards graduation
- help getting connected with campus resources including the Math Tutoring Lab and PLUS Groups
- study skills and strategies
- time management skills
- navigating the university system
- and much, much more!