McNair Graduate Assistantship
The McNair Graduate Assistantship is for outstanding McNair Scholars entering graduate school programs at Eastern Washington University. The McNair Graduate Assistantship is intended to support the increase in the number of underrepresented students who are first-generation college students, students, low-income and/or minorities completing a Ph.D. degree; to increase the pool of underrepresented students pursuing careers in post-secondary education; and to establish role models for future underrepresented students.
You may be eligible for the McNair Graduate Assistantship, if you:
1. Are an McNair Scholar (From any Ronald E. McNair Program around the nation)
2. Are admitted into a EWU graduate program
3. Are nominated by an Eastern Washington University Professor
To apply, please complete the following:
1. Complete an application for Graduate Service Appointment: http://www.ewu.edu/Documents/Grad/Graduate%20Service%20Appointment.pdf
2. EWU Professor will complete the nomination: Please see attached form
3. A cover letter:
The following information must be sent to: Dr. Christina Torres García, Ronald E. McNair Director, Monroe 107, Cheney, WA 99004
Graduate Students are admitted for fall quarter only and must enrolled full time throughout the academic year.
phone: 509.359.6200 (campus operator)
View the original version of this page.