Skip to content

State Authorization


EWU provides out-of-state distance education—Eastern Online, Continuing Ed., internships, externships, etc.—and is subject to the regulations of the state in which the learning takes place.

Top Navigation

Main Navigation

  • EWU Home
  • Academics at Eastern
  • State Authorization
  • Main Content

    EWU currently offers educational opportunities to students in multiple state jurisdictions through distance education. Due to a new state authorization initiative throughout the nation, all universities offering education outside of their state must be authorized by each state in which they offer courses. EWU is monitoring developments in state laws in every state. Please refer to this page often.

    Click here to view the interactive State Authorization Map.

    The University does not serve online or distance education students or any educational activity located in the following states:

    Please check back periodically for changes to our admission policy. If you are a state agency and have questions about Eastern Washington University's distance education programs, please contact Ashley Stettler, EWU Extended Campus at or (509) 359-7380.

    Student Complaints and Grievances

    Students who have complaints relating to issues covered by the EWU Student Code of Conduct should follow EWU's process for filing a complaint.

    Students in Washington State who have complaints against the university relating to fraud, false advertising, or other deceptive practices can file a complaint with the Washington Student Achievement Council.

    Out-of-state students who have complaints and reside outside the State of Washington while attending EWU can file a complaint with the enforcement authority for that student's state of residence.

    Examples of issues that may arise in regard to alleged fraudulent activity or more general complaints should be directed to the the aforementioned agencies include:

    Students who have complaints relating to the University's quality of education, or other issues appropriate for its accrediting body to consider, can file a complaint with the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.

    Click here to view of documents describing the university's accreditation and state approval.

    If you have further questions, please contact Ashley Stettler at the EWU Extended Campus: or (509) 359-7380.

    Contact Information

    Ashley Stettler
    300 Senior Hall
    Cheney, WA 99004

    phone: 509.359.7380

    Footer Navigation

    Text Only Options

    View the original version of this page.