Targeted Learning Outcomes
It is our intention to foster specific student learning outcomes through purposeful and thoughtful programs and practices. These outcomes integrate the academic and co-curricular experience:
- Civic Engagement: Recognize role within a community and act in a manner consistent with personal values.
- Cognitive Complexity: Analyze an issue from multiple perspectives.
- Humanitarianism: Engage in diverse experiences outside one's comfort zone and develop understanding of others and a commitment to dignity and respect.
- Inter & Intra-Personal Competence: Develop realistic self-appraisal and personal values, as well as high functioning skills interacting with others.
- Knowledge Acquisition, Integration & Application: Synthesize classroom experiences with life experiences and influence behavior.
- Persistence & Academic Achievement: Manage the college experience through planning, resources and support, resulting in the degree.
- Practical Competence: Master basic life skills to be economically successful, maintain health, wellness and live a purposeful and satisfying life.
 Learning Reconsidered (2004 and 2006)